Most Active Stories
- Would You Drink Yellow Water? St. Augustine Replaces Rusty Pipes
- ONLY IN FLORIDA: Theater Plays XXX Scene Before Disney's 'Frozen'
- As Students Discuss Name Change, Confederate Flags Wave Outside Forrest High
- Charlie Crist: Medical Marijuana 'An Issue Of Compassion'
- Does High School Start Too Early? More Researchers Say Yes, Call For Change
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 3, 2013
Charlie Crist Leads Gov. Rick Scott In New Poll
A poll conducted by Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling gives former Florida Governor Charlie Crist a 12 point lead over current Governor Rick Scott.
Crist's lead comes from a large 24 point advantage among independents. He gets the support of 21 percent of Republicans while losing only 17 percent of Democrats.
The early lead has more to do with Scott than the former Republican turned independent turned Democrat.
Crist's approval rating is only 43 percent to 42 percent unfavorable. Scott's numbers appear stuck with a job approval rating of 33 percent to 55 percent who disapprove.
Scott only has a one-percent advantage on Democratic Candidate Nan Rich even though nearly 70 percent of those surveyed have no opinion of the former state senator.
"Rick Scott continues to be one of the most unpopular governors in the country." said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. His numbers have remained basically static over the course of this year."
First Coast Connect