Most Active Stories
- Project To Build Florida's Tallest Structure Proposed For Downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Reacts To Forrest High Vote
- As Students Discuss Name Change, Confederate Flags Wave Outside Forrest High
- As Pre-Trial Phase Ends, Michael Dunn Likely To Try 'Stand Your Ground' Defense
- Forrest High Is History Following Unanimous Vote
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 1, 2013
Meet Dr. Annmarie Kent-Willette, Jacksonville's New Education Commissioner
Mayor Alvin Brown recently announced the successor to Dr. Donnie Horner who left as the city’s education commissioner after serving two years in that post.
Like Horner, Dr. Annmarie Kent-Willette is on loan from Jacksonville University where she’s a professor.
Also like her predecessor, she will receive a dollar per year salary from the city for her role helping the mayor further his education agenda.
WJCT education reporter Cyd Hoskinson spoke with Kent-Willette about her background and what her focus will be for the next two years.