Most Active Stories
- After Monroe County Ruling, Local Same-Sex Couple Request Marriage License
- Ask Deemable Tech: Is Leaving My Phone Plugged In All Night Bad For The Battery?
- Lit Hit List: The Controversial And Banned Books Of Duval County
- Commentary: Who Will 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Liberate?
- Five Anchors Fired From Action News Jacksonville
News & Music Contributors
Mathews Bridge Closure
Thu September 26, 2013
UPDATED: Mathews Bridge Closed Indefinitely
(UPDATED 7 P.M.)
The Florida Department of Transportation has issued an advisory that Jacksonville's Mathews Bridge is closed indefinitely following a closure earlier today after a ship struck the span.
According to our news partner News4Jax, the vessel was in tow when it hit the bridge, causing visible damage to its structure.
Michael Goldman says that one of the supports was damaged by the collision, and that vehicles are being kept off to ensure that the weight does not cause additional damage.
Police are directing traffic to use the Hart Bridge.
First Coast Connect