Most Active Stories
- Duval Educators And School Officials Want More Test Prep Time
- Tony Allegretti On His New Role As Cultural Council Director
- As FCAT Ends, What's Next For Florida Classrooms?
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- Ask Deemable Tech: Is Leaving My Phone Plugged In All Night Bad For The Battery?
News & Music Contributors
Mathews Bridge Closure
Thu September 26, 2013
UPDATED: Mathews Bridge Closed Indefinitely
(UPDATED 7 P.M.)
The Florida Department of Transportation has issued an advisory that Jacksonville's Mathews Bridge is closed indefinitely following a closure earlier today after a ship struck the span.
According to our news partner News4Jax, the vessel was in tow when it hit the bridge, causing visible damage to its structure.
Michael Goldman says that one of the supports was damaged by the collision, and that vehicles are being kept off to ensure that the weight does not cause additional damage.
Police are directing traffic to use the Hart Bridge.
First Coast Connect