Most Active Stories
- Millions Of Dollars In Private Funds Headed Down Pipeline For Duval Schools
- Agreement Between Duval Schools, Teachers Union Clears Path For Incentive Pay Program
- Duval Educators And School Officials Want More Test Prep Time
- Duval School Officials Consider Breaking Class-Size Rules To Cut Costs
- As FCAT Ends, What's Next For Florida Classrooms?
News & Music Contributors
Mathews Bridge Closure
Thu September 26, 2013
UPDATED: Mathews Bridge Closed Indefinitely
(UPDATED 7 P.M.)
The Florida Department of Transportation has issued an advisory that Jacksonville's Mathews Bridge is closed indefinitely following a closure earlier today after a ship struck the span.
According to our news partner News4Jax, the vessel was in tow when it hit the bridge, causing visible damage to its structure.
Michael Goldman says that one of the supports was damaged by the collision, and that vehicles are being kept off to ensure that the weight does not cause additional damage.
Police are directing traffic to use the Hart Bridge.
First Coast Connect