1/4/19: Media Roundtable; Influencer Marketing
For this week’s First Coast Connect Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week, including:
- A controversial new recommendation to arm teachers in Florida classrooms.
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry’s attack on potential challenge Anna Brosche before she even files to run.
- And the rising use of medical marijuana in Florida.
Our panelists were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
- Sherry McGill, editor of Jax Lookout
- Shelton Hull, columnist at Folio Weekly
- David Cawton of the Jacksonville Daily Record
More and more First Coast businesses are turning to so-called social media “influencers” to help them promote their brands and products… and that means more opportunity for enterprising social media users.
Amy West is President of North Florida Influencers, a for-profit network of more than 160 influencers regionally - and growing. She joined us to explain why this type of marketing is such an effective way to reach potential customers.