Media Roundtable: Coronavirus Information And Updates; 2020 Children’s Champion Awards Gala
On Friday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable we discussed the latest Coronavirus news:
- Schools are closed around Florida for at least a month with virtual teaching getting underway.
- Drive-thru testing sites are opening in Jacksonville.
- There are new shopping hours for older people and those at higher-risk at area grocery stores.
Our guests were:
- Bill Bortzfield, WJCT’s Digital Content Editor
- AG Gancarski with Florida Politics
- Tim Gibbons of The Jacksonville Business Journal
2020 Children’s Champion Awards Gala
The event was planned for March 26 on the UNF campus but it will now be virtual. The online gala will take place the same day as the originally scheduled gala at 6pm, the previously planned silent auction will continue as an online auction and “Text-2-Give” will also still be available for additional donations from patrons.
The Children’s Champion Award was established in 2006 by ECS to recognize individuals and organizations who work passionately on behalf of the children to elevate their welfare to the highest priority in our community.
Amanda Brannon can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6317.