Friday Media Roundtable; National Farmers Market Week
On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories of Northeast Florida this week, including:
- A proposal is presented to rename Hemming Park after James Weldon Johnson
- Gov. DeSantis and Mayor Curry push for athletics to resume in public schools
- Early voting is underway in the Florida primary election
Related: Local, State, And National Coronavirus Coverage
Our guests were:
- Anne Schindler, First Coast News
- Nate Monroe, The Florida Times-Union
- Mike Mendenhall; The Jacksonville Daily Record
- Regular contributor Fred Matthews
National Farmers Market Week
This week is National Farmers Market Week, and the Jacksonville Farmers Market is ready to accommodate shoppers. The market is Florida’s oldest outdoor farmer’s market, which makes it easy to social distance. The farmers market just west of Downtown accepts SNAP/P-EBT benefits. We spoke to market Manager Greg Tison about some of his favorite vendors, the market’s economic impact, and the importance of National Farmers Market Week.
Katherine Hobbs can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KatherineGHobbs.