Friday Media Roundtable; Ray Lewis
On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- City Council postponed voting on Shad Khan’s Lot J proposal.
- Duval County Public Schools Superintendent Diana Greene was named Florida’s superintendent of the year.
- Mayor Lenny Curry’s office and City Council clashed over a bill to create a Chief Resiliency Officer position for Jacksonville.
Our guests were:
- Anne Schindler of First Coast News
- Nate Monroe of The Florida Times-Union
- Writer Nikesha Williams
- And Tim Gibbons of the Jacksonville Business Journal.
Ray Lewis Retires
For more than 40 years, local music scene legend Ray Lewis has promoted and organized concerts in Jacksonville. He’s also the driving force behind the Mudville Music Room. Lewis is retiring soon, and this weekend, the local musical community is honoring him with a series of free outdoor concerts in Murray Hill.
Event organizer Darren Ronan joined Lewis on the program.