Controversy Over Publix’s COVID-19 Vaccinations; PPP; What's Good Wednesdays;
Wednesday we took a closer look at the controversy surrounding the state’s COVID-19 vaccination program with Publix.
PPP Funding and 2021 Market Forecast
Jacksonville native Marty Lanahan was recently named the new regional president for Iberia Bank - First Horizon. She offered her perspective on the new round of PPP funding and offered a look at the 2021 market forecast.
Correction: Lanahan was misidentified in an earlier version of this web summary.
What’s Good Wednesday
This week's good news includes:
- The Jacksonville DSA housing justice campaign launched a fundraiser that plays off the Sen. Bernie Sanders mittens meme. Called ‘Smitten with You for Caring about Housing,’ the proceeds will benefit the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid’s Housing Unit
- Jacksonville Beach’s newest fast-food restaurant, Wonderbird, from the owners of The Local, opened Tuesday in Jacksonville Beach at 528 Beach Boulevard.
- Vinyl Wednesdays are back at Reve Brewing in Atlantic Beach
- The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center has a new First Responders Program to better serve firefighters in the community.
- The only marathon in the U.S. dedicated to breast cancer research and care, The DONNA, is celebrating its 14th anniversary. The marathon will be conducted virtually this year.
For more good news, subscribe to our weekly newsletter here.
The Lighter Museum in St. Augustine has a number of new exhibits planned in the coming months. CEO David Bagnall joined us to tell us more about them.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.