3 Temporary Jacksonville COVID-19 Testing Sites Open Wednesday
Three new federally funded COVID-19 testing sites are opening in Jacksonville on Wednesday, July 8, at 8 a.m.
The three new sites will be doing testing for one week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., closing on Wednesday, July 15.
They are located at:
- First Coast Senior High School – 590 Duval Station Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Frank H. Peterson Academies – 7450 Wilson Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Regency Square Mall – 9501 Arlington Expressway, Jacksonville, FL 32225 (at the former Sears parking area)
Officials are recommending appointments be made online ahead of time for the three sites at DoINeedACovid19Test.com.
The state of Florida's testing site located at TIAA Bank Field is also continuing to test daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Related: Local, State, And National Coronavirus Coverage
Details about testing at each of the sites is as follows:
- Drive-thru only
- No symptoms required
- Wait in your vehicle
- Windows must remain closed
- Windows must fully open and close
- Bring a pen
- Bring photo identification
- The tests are free
- Ages 5+
- Register online for Westside, Northside, and Regency sites only (online registration and appointments are available at DoINeedACovid19Test.com)
- Follow sign boards at the testing site locations for directions
- You will be provided instructions on how to obtain results when tested
- Maximum of five people per vehicle
- Everyone tested must be near a window
- We discourage people from showing up prior to the test sites opening. At some sites there are no places for vehicles to wait
- No restrooms are available for public use at any site
- Testing is available to anyone regardless of where you live