COVID-19 Cases In Florida Pass 800,000
Florida passed another grim milestone Friday with word from state heath care agencies that there are now more than 800,000 documented COVID-19 cases in the state.
Here are some takeaways:
- 800,216: Total number of cases.
- 5,592: Increase in cases from a Thursday count.
- 16,720: Deaths of Florida residents.
- 72: Increase in Florida resident deaths from a Thursday count.
- 207: Non-Florida resident deaths.
- 1: Increase in non-Florida resident deaths from a Thursday count.
- 6,748: Deaths of residents and staff members of long-term care facilities.
- 28: Increase in long-term care deaths from a Thursday count.
- 2,351: People hospitalized with primary diagnoses of COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus.
- 3: Increase in people hospitalized from a Thursday count.
- 23.9: Percentage of available hospital beds statewide.
- 23.6: Percentage of available adult intensive-care unit beds statewide.
- 34,963: Number of positive cases in Duval County.
- 56: Number of COVID-19 related deaths in Duval County.
Sources: Florida Department of Health and Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
- WJCT News contributed to this report.