Volunteers Sought To Clean Up Jacksonville Parks, Beaches On Saturday
Volunteers are needed at various parks and beaches throughout Jacksonville on Saturday for the 2021 Florida Coastal Cleanup.
Volunteers will pick up litter and debris along Jacksonville’s shorelines and beaches at:
8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Oceanfront locations)
- Atlantic Boulevard - At the ocean
- Seagate Avenue & 20th Avenue N. - At the ocean
- Beach Boulevard - At the ocean
9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Blue Cypress Park - 4012 University Boulevard N.
- Boone Park - 3700 Park St., (North Entrance: Van Wert Ave. & Valencia Rd., South Entrance: Riverside Ave. at Van Wert St.)
- Burnett Park - 3740 Burnett Park Road
- Castaway Island Preserve - 2921 San Pablo Rd. S.
- Hollybrook Park - 319 Cherokee St.
- Jim King Park & Boat Ramp - 8203 Heckscher Dr.
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Dr. (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Klutho Park - 204 W. 3rd St.
- Lonne Wurn Boat Ramp - 4131 Ferber Road
- McCue Park and Boat Ramp - 2510 Second Ave.
- Murray Hill - 4208 Kingsbury St.
- Oceanway Community Center - 12215 Sago Ave.
- Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way
- Riverside Park - 753 Park St.
- Sun Ray Cinema - 1028 Park St.
- Riverview Community Center - 9620 W. Water St.
- T.K. Stokes Boat Ramp - 2120 Riverview St.
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park - 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Walter Jones Historical Park - 11964 Mandarin Road
Volunteers are encouraged to wear closed-toed shoes and clothes that they don’t mind getting dirty. Work gloves, sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, sunglasses and a reusable water bottle are also recommended. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Site captains will have bags and gloves available at each of the cleanup locations.
Advance registration is not required.
The Timucuan Parks Foundation will lead the cleanups from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park and from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Reddie Point Preserve.
Volunteers going to Reddie Point Preserve, located at 4499 Yachtsman Way in Arlington, should meet at the pavilion by the pier. Those who are heading to Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park should head to 500 Wonderwood Dr. in Mayport and tell the gate attendant that they are there for the cleanup and follow directions to the meetup location.
The Timucuan Parks Foundation will provide gloves, trash bags, snacks and water.
Timucuan Parks Foundation volunteers of all ages are welcome, but anyone younger than 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or scout leader. Student volunteers are eligible for community service hours.
The annual cleanups, which are part of the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, are in partnership with the city of Jacksonville and Keep Jacksonville Beautiful.
For more information call 904-255-8276 or email email@example.com.