Relaxed mask mandates in Duval; "Jacksonville Today;" vaccine mandates; Art Walk
Duval County Public School students are no longer under a strict mask mandate. After nearly two months in effect, the mask requirement was relaxed Friday when the COVID-19 community transmission data met the second of two key thresholds set by the School Board. Parents can now opt their children out of masking-up without a doctor’s note.
- Dr. Mobeen Rathore, professor, University of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville and Chief Infectious Diseases Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
- Dr. Jeff Goldhagen, a pediatric specialist at UF Health.
WJCT News’ brand new newsletter, Jacksonville Today, is live. We took a closer look today at the rise of nonprofit news.
- Dick Tofel, formerly of ProPublica and the Wall Street Journal.
- Michael Murray, who heads up the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations in Jacksonville.
- David McGowan, CEO of WJCT.
Gov. Ron DeSantis called lawmakers to Tallahassee for a special legislative session on vaccine mandates.
Guest: Angie Nixon, state representative of Jacksonville's 14th District.
Downtown’s monthly Art Walk is this Wednesday at James Weldon Johnson Park.
Guest: Liz McCoy, executive director of Friends of JWJ Park.
Patrick Cantin can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter.