Media Roundtable; Steven Wright
Today’s Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories in the First Coast, including:
- As citizens press for a referendum to remove Confederate monuments, Mayor Lenny Curry tweeted at the council telling them to do their jobs and listen to the people of Jacksonville.
- On Tuesday, the council voted to let residents decide whether to approve a tax hike for Duval County Public Schools. This August voters can cast a ballot on a property tax increase of 1 mill for four years. The district says the money would allow it to address a slew of needs including a teacher shortage.
- In a win for the rooftop-solar industry and environmental groups, Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoed a controversial bill that would have made major changes in rules for rooftop-solar energy. JEA currently reimburses at a rate of 3 to 4 cents per kilowatt hour.
- The ink was barely dry on the governor’s signature of another bill, the so-called “Stop Woke Act,” when a Jacksonville law firm filed a federal lawsuit against it.
- Claire Heddles, enterprise reporter, Jacksonville Today.
- AG Gancarski, Florida Politics and Jacksonville Today.
- Regular contributor Fred Matthews.
Comedian Steven Wright performs tomorrow night at the Florida Theater. His deadpan style and unique takes on life have drawn him loyal fans for decades.
Guest: Comedian Steven Wright.