Friday on the First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at the top stories of the week, including:
- The city’s top attorney shut down the Duval County School board again, putting a roadblock in the ongoing quest to put a half-cent sales tax referendum on the ballot.
- The JEA board voted Tuesday to research a path to privatize the public energy and water utility.
- Vice President Mike Pence and Ivanka Trump are visiting Operation New Hope and Miller Electric in Jacksonville Friday.
- Wild Turkeys are terrorizing a senior community in Central Florida, and Florida Fish and Wildlife is stepping in to help.
Our Panelists were:
- Emily Bloch of The Florida Times-Union
- Mike Mendenhall of the Jax Daily Record
- Stephanie Brown of WOKV
- WJCT contributor Charles Griggs
Art Center Cooperative
The Jacksonville Landing is going to be torn down, forcing tenants to relocate. One of them is the Art Center Cooperative, a nonprofit that has operated art galleries and studios in Jacksonville since 2005. The gallery will reopen Sunday, July 28 at its new location in the Regency Mall.
President Ed Malesky joined First Coast Connect for more.
Madison Roberts can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904)358-6217.