On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- Several schools, including Mandarin High School, canceled prom this year.
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry and City Council President Tommy Hazouri filed a bill to add a six-cent tax to every gallon of gas purchased within city limits.
- Challenges are being filed in federal court against the state’s new “anti-riot bill,” HB 1.
- Florida has more than 3,000 cases of the coronavirus variant B.1.1.7, which is thought to be more contagious than the original strain.
Our guests were:
- David Bauerlein of the Florida Times-Union;
- Radio Host Angela Spears of Angela Spears Communications;
- Regular Contributor Charles Griggs;
- And Mike Mendenhall of the Jacksonville Daily Record.
Mort Crim, the news anchor that loosely inspired the movie Anchorman, joined the show to discuss the release of his memoir, Anchored. Crim also discussed his virtual author discussion that will be hosted by Bookmark this weekend. For more information and to attend the virtual event click here.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at email@example.com.