On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable took a closer look at some of the top stories impacting Northeast Florida and beyond this week, including:
- The Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville in August.
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry announced that more Confederate monuments will be removed in light of recent protests.
- Council President Tommy Hazouri declared that the City Council will form a new Social Justice and Community Investment Committee.
- The Jacksonville City Council voted 15 to 4 on Tuesday to broaden the city’s human rights protections.
- JEA CEO Paul McElroy placed majority of the company’s senior leadership team on administrative leave on Tuesday.
Our panelists were:
- WJCT’s Sky Lebron
- The Florida Times-Union’s Emily Bloch
- Freelance Journalist Claire Goforth
- WJCT Contributor Fred Matthews
Jumbo Shrimp Events
The pandemic may prevent the Jumbo Shrimp from playing ball, but it hasn’t stopped them from creating socially distanced experiences for their fans. We talked with Jumbo Shrimp Executive Vice President and General manager Harold Craw about the team's family movie nights and what they have in store for Father’s Day Weekend.
Denetra Lee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org