On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories impacting Northeast Florida this week, including:
- This week, UNF released a poll that found nearly 60% of Jacksonville residents oppose the city hosting the Republican National Convention in August.
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry stated he will not call for a citywide mask ordinance but will be calling for city code enforcement to monitor businesses not following capacity guidelines.
- Duval County Public Schools will continue to reopen for the fall semester, while still providing online learning options.
Our guests were:
- Nate Monroe, The Florida Times-Union
- Charles Griggs, WJCT Contributor
- Claire Goforth, Freelance Journalist
- Bill Bortzfield, WJCT Digital Content Editor
New Chapter for Regency Mall
After many years of decline, a potential redevelopment of Arlington’s Regency Square Mall is now in talks. We talked with Jacksonville Daily Record Editor, Karen Brune Mathis, to learn more about the redevelopment plans.
Denetra Lee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org