Saying she is excited to bring data and transparency to Florida’s 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Melissa Nelson’s office has unveiled a new data dashboard website.
The site offers objective looks at everything from the prosecutor's office's efficiency to which cases it prioritizes, as well as racial and ethnic identites of defendants and what sentences they are handed.
“This website offers dozens of data points to assess the work and impact of our office,” Nelson said in announceing the dashboard last week.
She said the website will measure progress over time, with data tracking in these categories:
- Capacity and efficiency
- Community safety and well-being
- Fairness and justice
- Organization and staff capacity
- Addressing serious crime
- Racial and ethnic differences
- Time and resource prioritization
- Protecting and serving victims
- Maximizing prosecutorial fairness
- Timeliness of case processing
- Community outreach & engagement
- Prosecutorial ethics & integrity
Nelson said the categories, called Prosecutorial Performance Indicators, will be updated on a quarterly basis.