1) Friday, August 9 - Football season is back! The Jaguars kick-off their pre-season with action against the Miami Dolphins at 7:30 p.m. Friday at EverBank Field. More info at - http://bit.ly/1cyaTAS
3) Friday, August 9 - If you're looking for a football free outing, the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) continues their "$5 Fridays" this week. The museum will be open until 8 p.m. Info at - http://www.themosh.org/
4) Friday, August 9 - Sunday, August 12 - For athletes (and sadistic spectators), the "Tour de Pain" endurance competition kicks off on Friday with a four-mile beach run, followed by a 5K on Saturday, and mile sizzler Sunday. Don't worry, you don't have to sign up for all 3 to compete. More info at - http://www.1stplacesports.com/tour.html
5) Saturday, August 10 - The JAX Chamber's Downtown Council will be on hand Saturday morning for the Annual Painting of the Paw Prints on Bay Street to EverBank Field. More info on Facebook.
6) Saturday, August 10 - It's the second Saturday of the month, which means the "Cars & Coffee" car meet returns to the Florida Times-Union headquarters in downtown Jacksonville from 9 a.m.-noon. More info on Facebook.
7) Saturday, August 10 - Internationally known photographer David Hilliard discusses his work and process at MOCA Jacksonville for the program "Contemporary Images: Photography’s Role in MOCA’s Permanent Collection" from 2-3 p.m. More info at - http://www.mocajacksonville.org/
8) Saturday, August 10 - The Jacksonville Sharks are up against the Philadelphia Soul for the Arena Football League's Conference Championship. Action kicks off at 7 p.m. at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. More info at - http://bit.ly/1cOjP3G
9) Saturday, August 10 - Local improv troupe Mad Cowford presents their "Super Special Saturday Show" from 8:15-10 p.m. at Northstar on Bay St. Info at - http://www.madcowford.com/
10) Sunday, August 11 - The "Drenched 5K" comes to Metropolitan Park & Marina. The course may include mist tunnels, sprinkler minefields, spectator “sniper” zones, foam and bubbles, fire hoses, and a 100-foot slip n slide through the finish line. The race benefits local children's hospitals, and kids run free/discounted. More info at - http://www.rundrenched.com