ICARE calls for criminal justice reform; Stacey Abrams; local sports
Local faith leaders from the Interfaith Coalition for Action, Reconciliation and Empowerment, I-CARE, will gather tonight to call for criminal justice reform citywide.
In April, Sheriff Mike Williams committed to working with State Attorney Melissa Nelson to create an adult civil citation program and make improvements to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office's mental health training for officers.
ICARE says that Sheriff Williams still has work to do to fulfill that promise. Tonight, the group will call on the sheriff and other officials to follow through on reform.
- The Rev. Tan Moss, pastor of Greater Grant Memorial AME Church and co-president of ICARE
- Hazzan Jesse Holzer, cantor at the Jacksonville Jewish Center
Voting rights activist and former Georgia House of Representatives Minority Leader Stacey Abrams is coming to the Florida Theatre this week. Melissa Ross will moderate a conversation about Abrams’ national campaign to ensure everyone has access to the ballot.
Guest: Stacey Abrams, voting rights activist
- The Jaguars beat the Buffalo Bills at yesterday’s home game.
- The Florida Gators lost to the South Carolina Gamecocks ahead of the highly anticipated Florida-Florida State game later this month.
- Kyle Larson won the NASCAR Cup Series championship last night.
Guest: Josh Torres, WJCT sports analyst