Media roundtable; Freed to Run
Today’s Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories in the First Coast, including:
- Tuesday night, the Jacksonville City Council voted 12-to-6 to withdraw a bill that would have paid to remove a Confederate monument in Springfield Park.
- Democrat Donna Deegan announced her run for Jacksonville mayor Tuesday on First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross.
- Lisa Green, Jacksonville inspector general, is under investigation following two whistleblower complaints alleging misconduct.
- Florida is set to receive billions of dollars due to the federal infrastructure bill passed this week.
- Nate Monroe, The Florida Times-Union
- Claire Goforth, The Daily Dot
- Mike Mendenhall, Jacksonville Daily Record
- Writer Shelton Hull
Freed to Run
The Freed to Run marathon event created by Jacksonville Attorney Mike Freed to raise money for Legal Aid. During the event, which starts next week, Freed and Jim Kowalski of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid plan to run a mega marathon. That’s six marathons in six days totaling 157.2 miles.