Health care roundtable: Canadian drug imports, focused ultrasound and psychedelics
Here are the biggest health headlines of the month. Our panel of medical experts examine topics including:
- A proposed rule requiring some insurance companies to adhere to stricter timelines for prior authorizations.
- The Food and Drug Administration's approval of a request making Florida the first state in the U.S. to import prescription drugs from Canada.
- Current vaccination rates for respiratory illnesses.
- Focused ultrasound as a treatment option for alzheimer patients.
- The therapeutic benefits of psychedelics.
- The rampant use of nonprescription weight loss medicines.
Our panel of medical experts includes: