Friday on First Coast Connect our weekly Media Roundtable featured reporter Tessa Duvall from The Florida Times-Union, WJCT contributor and Board Member Charles Griggs, Daily Record reporter David Cawton and Jacksonville Business Journal editor Timothy Gibbons. Their discussion included:
- Mayor Curry putting an end to possibility of selling JEA
- Jaguars owner Shad Khan’s announcement that he has put in a bid to buy Wembley Stadium in London
- The Duval County School Board narrowing the list of Superintendent candidates to six
- The Board facing 62-million dollars in budget cuts
- Board member Scott Shine dropping his bid for reelection (01:08)
The Civic Orchestra of Jacksonville’s season finale is Sunday at the Ritz Theatre. We were joined by spokesperson Molly Sweet and concertmaster violinist Charmaine Coombes who performed in-studio (46:00).