Most Active Stories
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- 2015 April Fools' Day Pranks Roundup
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- Duval School Board Approves Performance Pay, Raises For Teachers
- Former NFL Star Jason Peter Tells Riveting Tale of Addiction in 'Hero of the Underground'
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Tue June 10, 2014
How Will President Obama's Student Debt Action Affect Your Bottom Line?
President Obama has taken executive action to address the rising cost of student loan debt.
His plan, announced Monday, expands a 2010 law that caps repayments at 10 percent of the borrower’s monthly income. Democratic U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is working on a bill to allow borrowers to refinance their student loans.
University of North Florida Assistant Director of Student Financial Aid Kristopher Hatcher joined First Coast Connect guest host Karen Feagins to discuss the burden of student loan debt.
You can follow Karen Feagins on Twitter @karenfeagins.
Law & Order