Most Active Stories
- After Monroe County Ruling, Local Same-Sex Couple Request Marriage License
- Ask Deemable Tech: Is Leaving My Phone Plugged In All Night Bad For The Battery?
- Lit Hit List: The Controversial And Banned Books Of Duval County
- Carrie Underwood To Perform At EverBank Field Scoreboard Unveiling
- Five Anchors Fired From Action News Jacksonville
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Tue June 10, 2014
How Will President Obama's Student Debt Action Affect Your Bottom Line?
President Obama has taken executive action to address the rising cost of student loan debt.
His plan, announced Monday, expands a 2010 law that caps repayments at 10 percent of the borrower’s monthly income. Democratic U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is working on a bill to allow borrowers to refinance their student loans.
University of North Florida Assistant Director of Student Financial Aid Kristopher Hatcher joined First Coast Connect guest host Karen Feagins to discuss the burden of student loan debt.
You can follow Karen Feagins on Twitter @karenfeagins.
Law & Order