3/29/19: Friday Media Roundtable; Brush With Nature
For this week’s First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories, including:
- Two men have been freed after serving more than 40 years for a Jacksonville murder they "probably" didn't commit.
- A “Last Bash”for the Landing is this weekend.
- A city flood study that doesn’t look at some of the neighborhoods that actually flood.
Our panelists were:
- Reporter Steve Patterson with The Florida Times-Union
- Lisa Gruber of Florida Field Notes
- WJCT Contributor Charles Griggs
- Blogger Frederick Matthews
Brush With Nature
Artists from First Coast Plein Air Painters will create and sell artwork to support local artists and the nonprofit Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens this weekend, during the “Brush with Nature” event. Gail Beveridge, St. Augustine Artist and Event Committee Member; and Ron Whittington, Arboretum Board Chair, joined us with more information.
Coming Monday, Times-Union Columnist Mark Woods will join us with a look at what he's learned during his Mark Walks Jax series of columns. Melissa joined him on a walk this week:
Heather Schatz can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6334 or on Twitter at @heatherschatz.