7/19/19: Media Roundtable; Bluegrass, Beer and Barbecue Festival
Friday on the First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross media roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at the top stories of the week, including:
- The Duval School Board is pushing back after the Jacksonville City Council voted to defer the half-cent sales tax referendum
- Mayor Lenny Curry is accused of being a Twitter bully
- Jacksonville-based company Made In Space won a $73.7 million NASA contract to deliver a self-building satellite in space
- An 11-foot alligator broke into a Florida women’s home. Now the homeowner is battling with her insurance company to cover the cost of repairs.
Our Panelists were:
- David Bauerlein of The Florida Times-Union
- Tim Gibbons of The Jacksonville Business Journal
- Freelance Journalist Claire Goforth
- Blogger Fred Matthews
Bluegrass, Beer and Barbecue Festival
The Second Annual Bluegrass, Beer and Barbecue Festival takes place in Hemming Park Saturday, July 20.
The festival will feature free live music from local bluegrass musicians, local craft beer, five of Jacksonville’s barbecue food trucks and an arts market.
The JTA Skyway will be running all day Saturday and is dropping passengers off right behind the main stage at no cost.
Festivities will go from 4:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.