8/2/19: Friday Media Roundtable; Financial Tips for College-Bound Students
Friday on the First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at the top stories of the week, including:
- A $450 million development deal to turn Lot J into an entertainment district
- The battle over a proposed half-cent tax to support Duval County Public Schools
- Public officials making headlines - for all the wrong reasons.
Our Panelists were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
- Georgio Valentino, editor at Folio Weekly
- Anne Schindler of First Coast News
- Regular WJCT Contributor Fred Matthews
Financial Tips for College-Bound Students
In Northeast Florida, Jax Federal Credit Union is helping to make the cost of attending college more manageable for five students. The credit union recently awarded scholarships to five Northeast Florida students, totaling $2,500.
Joe Nowland is the Jax Federal Credit Union’s President & CEO and a father to two high school students. He told us more about the scholarships and the help students and parents alike can get to prepare to head back to school.