Friday Media Roundtable; Jacksonville Tasting Tours
Friday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross featured some of the top stories of the week, including:
- More controversy surrounding JEA.
- The city’s attorney general declined to weigh in on the proposed Duval sales tax.
- JU is ending its football program but Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew will be the starting quarterback for this Sunday's matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.
To discuss the week in news we welcomed:
- David Bauerlein with The Florida Times-Union;
- Nikesha Williams, journalist and author
- Tim Gibbons,editor of the Jacksonville Business Journal ;
- And Georgio Valentino with Folio Weekly;
Currently, nine entities are negotiating to buy all or part of JEA. City Councilwoman, Brenda Priestly Jackson has filed legislation that would encourage JEA Board's to end its negotiations for the potential sale of city owned utility.
Get a taste of the First Coast by going on a walking tour. Jeff Spears of Studio Spear Production and Andrea Jones of Tasting Tours told us about the first ever tasting tour in Jacksonville. Tasting Tours explores the history of St. Augustine, and now Jacksonville, while tasting the region.
Amanda Brannon can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6317.