Friday Media Roundtable; Lightner Museum Mural Analyzes The Gilded Age
On this week’s First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross’ Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- President Trump holds a rally targeting high stakes voters in Duval County.
- Some 130,000 Mail-In-Ballots are being sent out.
- The Jacksonville City Council's budget enforces the status quo.
- Parents are demanding more transparency in COVID-19 reports.
Our guests were:
- Dan Scanlan of the The Florida Times-Union
- Sky Lebron of WJCT News
- AG Gancarski of Florida Politics
- WJCT News ContributorCharles Griggs
Lightner Museum Mural Analyzes The Gilded Age
The Lightner Museum chose First Coast artist Joshua Cooper to paint a new mural analyzing the Gilded Age. The project is not Cooper’s first public mural. The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens also features his artwork.
Cooper said he is especially excited about the Lightner project, as he studied late-19th and early-20th century Realist painting at Florida State University. He began the mural with small-scale studies before starting to work on the final piece, which he estimates will take a little over a month to complete.
The Museum will permanently display the mural among its collection of turn of the century art.
Katherine Hobbs can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KatherineGHobbs.