Gov. DeSantis Orders All State Parks Closed Until Further Notice
The COVID-19 shutdown continues to widen. As of Monday, March 23, all Florida state parks have been closed at the direction of Gov. Ron DeSantis until further notice.
Previously state parks had scaled back hours and reduced visitor capacity.
“Unfortunately, this has not resulted in the reductions needed to best protect public health and safety as Florida continues to mitigate the spread of COVID-19,” the Florida Department of Environmental Protection said in a statement.
State parks in the Jacksonville area impacted by the closure include:
- Amelia Island State Park
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Fort Clinch State Park
- Fort George Island Cultural State Park
- George Crady Bridge Fishing Pier
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Pumpkin Hill Creek Preserve State Park
- Yellow Bluff Fort Historic State Park
For a full list of parks impacted and additional information, see the Florida State Parks website.