For Friday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week, including:
- A proposed half-cent sales tax to repair and replace local schools.
- A lawsuit on armed safety officers at school, which is being vetted in court.
- Draft night in Duuuval.
Our panelists were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
- Freelance Journalist Emily Bloch
- WJCT Contributor Charles Griggs
- A.G. Gancarski of Florida Politics
Augie’s Quest Orangetheory Gala
The Augie’s Quest Orangetheory Gala is a fun evening dedicated to finding a treatment and a cure for ALS, which is also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Noelle Marx of Orange Theory Fitness; and WJXT-TV Producer Sharon Siegel Cohen, who is being honored with the Courage Award at the event, joined us with more information.
Related: Watch a brief video on Cohen here.