Media Roundtable; 904 Day
Today’s Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories on the First Coast, including:
- Daniel Davis, CEO of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, filed paperwork Thursday to run for Jacksonville mayor.
- Local activist Ben Frazier traveled to Geneva to discuss Florida’s new Combating Public Disorder law. He spoke before the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which agreed that HB1 violates international law.
- Ousted Sheriff Mike Williams is expected to head up Jacksonville’s Florida Department of Law Enforcement bureau months after resigning due to a residency scandal.
- The United Soccer League is coming to Jacksonville. A new club is set to launch in 2025 and serve as a professional pipeline for Jacksonville’s best soccer players.
- Anne Schindler, First Coast News.
- Writer Shelton Hull.
- Ben Becker, Action News Jax.
- Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal.
Sunday, Sept. 4, is 904 Day. The day celebrates the city’s local businesses and culture.
- Hana Ferguson, account executive, Wingard.
- Jason Hunnicutt, co-owner and operation, 1904 Music Hall, Underbelly, Spliff's Gastropub and Ocean Street Tacos.