Friday media roundtable; City Council candidate Rahman Johnson; ‘JME DJ Session’
Jacksonville voters have until this Sunday to vote early. Election Day itself is this coming Tuesday, March 21.
So far, early voting turnout has been low. Only about 9% of eligible voters in Duval County have cast their ballots as of Friday morning.
Other stories making headlines this week:
- Duval County Public Schools is pushing back against Gov. Ron DeSantis’ allegation that the district extended its book review process for political reasons.
- A bill moving in the Florida Senate, filed by local lawmaker Clay Yarborough, would essentially ban what’s known as gender-affirming care for minors in Florida
- It looks like a new University of Florida graduate school is coming to Downtown Jacksonville.
- Dan Scanlan of WJCT News.
- Mike Mendenhall of The Jacksonville Daily Record
- Jack Webb, regular Jacksonville Today and WJCT News contributor.
- Ben Becker of Action News Jax.
City Council candidate Rahman Johnson
We continue our profiles of some of the candidates on the ballot as we welcome Rahman Johnson, candidate for Jacksonville City Council District 14.
Guest: Rahman Johnson, City Council candidate.
‘JME DJ Session’
The JME team covers all the latest music news from artists far and wide, including those making music right here in the 904, adding all the best cuts from national and international — and even local — artists to the rotation on The Independent 89.9 HD4, WJCT’s new music discovery station.
WJCT Arts and Culture Editor Matt Shaw joined us to share three new local songs that have been reviewed on JaxMusic.org and recently added to The Independent 89.9 HD4.
Guest: Matt Shaw, WJCT arts and culture editor.