On Friday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week, including:
- Jacksonville moving forward with the Cure Violence program.
- Aging schools and a plan to combine two of them.
- A long-time Jacksonville City Hall staffer steps down.
Our panelists were:
- Freelance journalist Claire Goforth
- A.G. Gancarski of Florida Politics
- Stephanie Brown of WOKV
Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
Building on the success and rave reviews of its 2019 Atlanta kick-off and sold-out 2018 performances, the Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN) is teaming up with Healthy Jacksonville Men’s Health Coalition to bring Garrett Davis’ Broadway-style stage play Daddy’s Boys to Bethel Baptist Church, the oldest Baptist church in Jacksonville, this Saturday.
Daddy’s Boys uses an entertaining infotainment approach to tell the story of a widowed father and his sons, who are in a fractured relationship, coming together when faced with prostate cancer.
Roger Williams, President, Healthy Jacksonville Men’s Health Coalition; and Christopher R. Williams, MD, Urology Consultants, Inc., joined us with a preview