As the presidency hangs in the balance, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden was ahead in electoral votes Friday morning with Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylanvia leaning his way as ballots continued to be counted in those states at the time of this show's broadcast.
Meanwhile, Republicans had a strong down ballot showing in Duval County, despite the county's voting for Biden.
Our weekly Roundtable panelists looked at the political trends in Jacksonville and Florida along with these these stories:
- City Councilman Matt Carlucci is calling for an independent external review of the proposed Lot J project.
- Clay and Duval voters voted to increase their sales tax to fund improvements to public schools.
- This weekend's Georgia-Florida game will look very different
Our panel of journalists this week were:
- Emily Bloch, The Florida Times-Union
- Anne Schindler, First Coast News
- Writer Shelton Hull
- Bill Bortzfield, WJCT News 89.9
What's New At The Cummer
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens interim Director Kerrie Slattery joined us to run down a busy fall at the museum, where there are updated permanent gallery spaces and a new traveling exhibition. Admission is free this Friday evening and all day Saturday.