On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- The city of Jacksonville is distributing coronavirus vaccine shots to individuals who meet the vaccination requirements on a first-come-first serve basis Friday and Saturday at the Northside’s Clanzel T. Brown Senior Center.
- The "Pathway to Home” announced Wednesday by Mayor Lenny Curry will be implemented to help get homeless people off the streets and into hotels.
- Florida Governor Ron Desantis made headlines when he announced the Transparency in Technology Act.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci made a public statement this week advising people to not congregate this weekend for Super Bowl parties.
Our guests were:
- Sydney Boles of WJCT News
- Writer Shelton Hull
- Nate Monroe of The Florida Times-Union;
- Anne Schindler of First Coast News.
The DONNA Marathon Goes Virtual
Donna Deegan, founder and namesake of The DONNA foundation, which helps women and families going through breast cancer, joined us to discuss this year’s DONNA Marathon. The event will be conducted virtually this year, and participants can keep track of their time and submit it online.
Deegan, a former Democratic congressional candidate, also shared her thoughts about a possible future run for political office following her previous attempt to unseat incumbent Republican Rep. John Rutherford (FL-District 4).
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org