On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- More vaccine sites are opening around town, including at Walmart and Sam’s Club locations, Winn Dixie and Harveys Supermarket, as well as new Publix locations in Duval County.
- Mayor Lenny Curry announced Thursday a $26.8 million investment towards phasing out septic tanks in three Northside neighborhoods.
- Florida officials and business owners are expressing concerns over the possibility of additional travel restrictions.
- The names of nine Duval County Public Schools are poised to undergo name reviews starting next month.
Our guests were:
- Tim Gibbons of the Jax Business Journal
- Journalist Claire Goforth
- Andrew Pantazi of The Tributary
- Blogger Fred Matthews
First Coast Hearts Nonprofits Day
Rena Coughlin, Chief Executive Officer of the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, discussed the challenges facing nonprofits during the ongoing pandemic and how listeners can help on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14, by making a donation to their favorite charity.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org