A conversation with Dr. Jesse Ehrenfeld of the American Medical Association
In this episode of What’s Health Got To Do With It, Dr. Jesse Ehrenfeld joins us for a wide-ranging conversation about health care. Ehrenfeld is an anesthesiologist, military physician, bioinformatics researcher and the first openly gay person to hold the position of AMA president,
The American Medical Association is revered as the voice of medicine in the United States, boasting a membership of about 271,000 physicians and medical students. Headquartered in Chicago, the AMA is committed to promoting the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
Among the topics discussed:
- Exploring the AMA’s pivotal role in patient care.
- Pandemic preparedness and response.
- Navigating politics within the medical community.
- The AMA's commitment to patient well-being.
- The role the AMA plays in shaping health care in America.